INVITATION FOR AIRPORT BIDS
AIP Project No. 3-49-0018-009-2017
Sealed bids, subject to the conditions contained herein, for improvements to the Manti-Ephraim Airport, Ephraim, Utah, AIP Project No. 3-49-0018-009-2017 will be received by the Manti-Ephraim Airport, Ephraim City Offices, Ephraim, Utah, 84627, until Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 10:00 a.m., and then publicly opened and read aloud.
The work involved will include the following:
Schedule 1 - Taxiway Construction
Schedule 2 - Ramp Rehabilitation
Schedule 3 - South Ramp Construction and Security Fence & Gates
Schedule 4 - Pavement Maintenance
The approximate quantities of major bid items involved in the proposed work are:
Schedule 1- Taxiway Construction (Federal)
- Pavement Removal Full Depth 1,650 square yards
- Unclassified Excavation 2,200 cubic yards
- Subbase Course 650 cubic yards
- Crushed Aggregate Base Course 340 cubic yards
- Bituminous Surface Course 350 tons
- 15-inch RCP Storm Drain Pipe 140 linear feet
- Install #8 AWG, 5000V, L-824C Cable 1,200 linear feet
- Install #6 AWG Bare Copper Counterpoise 850 linear feet
- Install 2-inch PVC Conduit (Direct Earth Buried) 800 linear feet
- Install 2-inch PVC Conduit (Concrete Encased) 46 linear feet
- Reinstall Existing Sign on New Concrete Base 3 each
- Install New L-861T(L) Taxiway Edge Light 13 each
Schedule 2 Ramp Rehabilitation (Federal)
- Pavement Removal Full Depth 6,450 square yards
- Unclassified Excavation 3,500 cubic yards
- Subgrade Over-Excavation 1,200 cubic yards
- Subgrade Preparation 7,300 square yards
- Geotextile Fabric, Class 3 Non-Woven 6,800 square yards
- Subbase Course 2,240 cubic yards
- Crushed Aggregate Base Course 1,140 cubic yards
- Bituminous Surface Course 1,250 tons
- Tie Down Anchor 15 each
Schedule 3 South Ramp Construction and Security Fence & Gates (Non-Federal)
- Pavement Removal Full Depth 300 square yards
- Unclassified Excavation 1,900 cubic yards
- Subgrade Over-Excavation 60 cubic yards
- Subgrade Preparation 3,700 square yards
- Geotextile Fabric, Class 3 Non-Woven 3,300 square yards
- Subbase Course 1,280 cubic yards
- Crushed Aggregate Base Course 570 cubic yards
- Bituminous Surface Course 570 tons
- 7-Foot Chain Link Fence 55 linear feet
- 20-Foot Automatic Gate 1 each
- 4-Foot Walk Gate 1 each
Schedule 4 Turnaround Pavement Maintenance (Non-Federal)
- Crack Seal 1,000 linear feet
- Emulsified Asphalt Seal Coat 3,000 square yards
- Remove Pavement Markings 305 square feet
- Pavement Markings 305 square feet
Construction for this project is expected to take 45 Working Days.
Contract Documents. The complete set of Specifications and Contract Documents can be downloaded from Jviation, Inc.s bid site (http://bid.jviation.com), beginning on March 1, 2017. In order to submit a responsive bid as a Prime Contractor and to receive all necessary addendum(s) for this project, you must be on the Planholders List. To view all planholder documents (contract documents, plans and addendums) you must fill out the online form located at (http://www.jviation.com/bidrequest). By filling out and submitting this form, you agree to be publicly listed on the bid site with your contact information as a planholder for all projects requested. It is the planholders responsibility to review the site for addendums and changes before submitting their proposal. For additional information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note that contractors will NOT be automatically added to new projects. You will need to re-submit the online form for access to new projects. Once granted access, additional projects will use your same login credentials. Note: Plan ahead when submitting the online request form and allow up to 2 business days for approval and access to projects.
Pre-Bid Conference. The pre-bid conference for this project will be held on March 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., in the Ephraim City Offices at the Manti-Ephraim Airport, 5 South Main Street. All bidders are required to examine the site to become familiar with all site conditions.
Bid Conditions. The bidder is required to provide all information as required within the Contract Documents. The bidder is required to bid on all items of every schedule or as otherwise detailed in the Instructions to Bidders.
Bids may be held by City of Ephraim for a period not to exceed 120 calendar days from the date of the bid opening for the purpose of evaluating bids prior to award of contract.
The right is reserved, as City of Ephraim may require, to reject any and all bids and to waive any informality in the bids received.
All questions regarding the bid are to be directed to Kirt McDaniel with Jviation, Inc., 35 South 400 West, Suite 200, St. George, Utah 84770, (435)574-5308, Fax: (435)673-8484, or email Kirt.McDaniel@jviation.com.
Bid Bond. Guarantee will be required with each bid as a certified check on a solvent bank or a bid bond in the amount of five (5) % of the total amount of the bid, made payable to the City of Ephraim.
Performance & Payment Bond. The successful bidder will be required to furnish separate performance and payment bonds each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price.
Airport and Airway Improvement Act of 1982 as amended. In accordance with the Davis-Bacon Act, as amended, the Contractor will be required to comply with the wage and labor requirements and to pay minimum wages in accordance with the schedule of wage rates established by the United States Department of Labor.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Requirement. The proposed contract is under and subject to 41 CFR Part 60-4 and Executive Order 11246 of September 24, 1965, as amended, and to the equal opportunity clause and the Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract specifications including the goals and timetables for minority and female participation.
Title VI Solicitation Notice: The City of Manti, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d to 2000d-4) and the Regulations, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full and fair opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration for an award.
DBE Requirement. The requirements of 49 CFR part 26 apply to this contract. It is the policy of the Manti-Ephraim Airport to practice nondiscrimination based on race, color, sex or national origin in the award or performance of this contract. The Owner encourages participation by all firms qualifying under this solicitation regardless of business size or ownership. The Manti-Ephraim Airport has a DBE participation goal (to be obtained through race/gender-neutral means) of 3.19%.
Other Federal Provisions Award of contract is also subject to the following Federal Provisions:
Buy American Preference
Foreign Trade Restrictions
Government-wide Debarment and Suspension
Government-wide Requirements for Drug-free Workplace
Other Federal Provisions included in Part A of the Special Provisions
City of Ephraim
Publish Sanpete Messenger March 2, 9, 16, 23, 2017.