Notice is hereby given that a petition has been filed with the City of Moab, Utah, to annex .52 acres, more or less, of property located at approximately 435 River Sands Road, and more particularly described as follows:
A parcel of land within the Southeast Quarter of Section 35, Township 25 South, Range 21 East, Salt Lake Base and Meridian, Grand County, Utah, being more particularly described as follows:
Beginning at a point which is on the current Moab City boundary said point bears South 89°54’ West 1675.6 feet along the section line and North 00°06’ West 148.9 feet from the Southeast corner of Section 35, T25S, R21E, SLB&M and running thence North 00°06’ West 126.1 feet to a point on the current Moab City boundary, Thence along the City boundary North 89°54’ East 179.6 feet, thence South 00°06’ East 126.2 feet to a point on the current Moab City boundary, thence along the City boundary South 89°54’ West 179.6 feet to the point of beginning.
Contains 22,648 sq. ft. OR 0.52 acres.
Said petition was received by the Moab City Council on January 10, 2017 and certified by the Moab City Recorder on February 6, 2017 which certification states the petition meets the requirements of Title 10-2-403(2), (3) and (4) of the Utah Code Annotated as follows:
1) That said petition contain the signatures of, if all the real property within the area proposed for annexation is owned by a public entity other than the federal government, the owners of all the publicly owned real property, or the owners of private real property that:
i. is located within the area proposed for annexation;
ii. a. Subject to Subsection (3)(b)(ii)(C), covers a majority of the private land area within the area proposed for annexation;
b. covers 100% of rural real property as that term is defined in Section 17B-2a-1107 within the area proposed for annexation;
c. covers 100% of the private land area within the area proposed for annexation, if the area is within an agriculture protection area created under Title 17, Chapter 41, Agriculture and Industrial Protection Areas, or a migratory bird production area created under Title 23, Chapter 28, Migratory Bird Production Area; and
iii. is equal in value to at least 1/3 of the value of all private real property within the area proposed for annexation;
2) That said petition was accompanied by an accurate and recordable plat or map prepared by a licensed surveyor of the area proposed for annexation;
3) That said petition was accompanied by a copy of the notice sent to affected entities and a list of the affected entities to which notice was sent;
4) If the petition proposes the annexation of an area located in a county that is not the county in which the proposed annexing municipality is located, be accompanied by a copy of the resolution, required under Subsection 10-2-402(6), of the legislative body of the county in which the area is located; and
5) Designate up to five of the signers of the petition as sponsors, one of whom shall be designated as the contact sponsor, and indicate the mailing address of each sponsor; and
6) That no previous petition for annexation has been filed which has not been denied, rejected, or granted for the proposed annexation area;
A copy of the complete annexation petition is available for inspection and copying at the office of the Moab City Recorder, 217 East Center Street, Moab, Utah 84532, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Moab City may grant the petition and annex the area described in the petition, unless a written protest to the annexation petition is filed with the Grand County Boundary Commission and a copy of the protest delivered to the Moab City Recorder. The protest period will be 30 days from the date of certification and will end on March 6, 2017.
Protests may be filed with the Grand County Boundary Commission, c/o Grand County Clerk’s Office, 125 E. Center Street, Moab, Utah 84532, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Protests may be filed with the Boundary Commission by the legislative body or the governing board of an affected entity.
Dated this 6th day of February, 2017.
/s/ Rachel Stenta
Published in The Times-Independent, Moab, Utah February 9, 16 and 23, 2017.